CAPCA: “Where Air Quality Professionals Meet”
- Area Environmental Manager
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC)
- Cayce, S.C.
- Posted January 13, 2018
Develop and assist with implementation of regulatory programs and insure that all area facilities are operating in compliance with applicable environmental regulations. Keep abreast of new and pending regulations that may impact operations and assist facilities as necessary to prepare for new requirements. Obtain permitting and provide environmental input and/or planning for all applicable projects.
- Directly implement and manage the environmental programs and supporting staff at a steel mill and affiliate locations including scrap recycling, steel fabricating, and industrial landfill facilities.
- Review operations and conditions at all facilities on a regular basis to insure compliance with applicable regulations or internal policies of an environmental nature. Some travel required.
- Work with facility personnel to develop solutions to existing or potential environmental matters. Enlist and coordinate the assistance of additional resources where necessary.
- Maintain necessary environmental records and prepare and assist with submission of applicable environmental reporting.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of current and pending regulations that may have application to operations.
- Provide environmental analysis of all proposed equipment installations and process modifications and improvements to insure that new operations will comply with regulations and that all necessary permits have been applied for and secured in a timely manner.
- Implement employee environmental training programs as required by regulation, policy, or good environmental practice.
- Evaluate acquisitions, property transactions, etc. to assess potential environmental liabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or law (accredited university).
- Demonstrated familiarity with environmental laws and related regulations including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act (CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Minimum of five years of prior experience with environmental management or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in management of major source of air pollutants.
- Demonstrated experience with management of hazardous wastes.
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control experience preferred.
- Excellent writing and computer skills including email and Microsoft software products (e.g., Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
All candidates who would like to be considered for this position will need to apply online at http://www.cmc.com/careers. Please look for job # 3199 (Environmental Manager, Cayce, SC) and please be sure to include a Word or PDF formatted copy of your resume with your online submission.